Hi! Today I am gonna be discussing my thoughts on this magical, fantastic and surprising piece of literature which has hit our planet like an asteroid.
Seriously, it has taken over the internet.
Yes, you guessed it. I, like every other reviewer this month, am coming to you with a discussion of Harry Potter and The Cursed Child by J K Rowling, John Tiffany and Jack Thorne. Wow, I just realized that all 3 names start with J.
But these are my thoughts. My thoughts that I will later convert into a proper review.
I am not even going to bother with explaining the synopsis of this because, come on, if you don’t know it picks up right where the Deathly Hallows epilogue left us, you are living under a rock.
I, being a Potterhead, and loving Harry Potter with all my heart and soul, am expected to have a crap ton of opinions on this book. Seriously though, I literally danced when I held my copy in my hands and my family was very concerned for my health.
Okay so lets just start.
- OMIGOD, I AM ACTUALLY HOLDING A HARRY POTTER BOOK!
- I am reading it!
- Wow, this is so fast. 3 years just gone by in 5 minutes…
- Damn, this is what deja vu feels like.
- I am home at Hogwarts!
- Using that Time Turner was stupid!
- Delphine should not remember the truth of the first two times they used the Time Turner. She did not even travel back in time with them!
- There are so many loopholes and mistake in this script.
- Hermione would never have kept such an easy riddle which 2 school going boys have cracked, just saying.
- Some of Scorpius and Albus’s ideas are so dumb! I guess it’s a side effect of being a teenage child of the great Harry Potter.
- I think that this script is not meant to be read. It would be MUCH better if you could see it, with the visual effects and stuff.
- THIS PLAY BELONGS TO THE STAGE!
- I ship Ronmione, Scalbus/ Scorbus and Drarry so much!!!
- J K Rowling still knows how to tear our hearts apart. Did Scorpius just say Always? Brb crying.
- What is Voldemort day??? Is there a Harry Potter day in the normal present???
- LMAO they use ‘Potter’ as the F word in the alternate universe!
- So now they all call him Voldemort? NOBODY IS SCARED ANYMORE OF HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED?! Voldemort just allows everyone to call him buy his first name?
- SNAPE IS ALIVE
Noooooooooooooooooo #RIPAlanRickman Nooooooooooooooooo
- Snape is so fiking funny, it’s not even funny!
- This feels like a fan-fiction because there are two other authors writing it, who were both probably huge fans of Harry Potter.
- It just feels more Head- Canon than Canon.
- We see a new side to Snape WHICH I LOVE! But I liked his earlier self better.
- I like how a lot of light is shined on Scorpius as well and the play is not biased towards Albus just because he is Harry’s son!
- ONE PERSON WHO I JUST LOVE IS MCGONAGALL I LOVE HER SO MUCH SHE IS SO FIKING AMAZING SHE IS SO BRILLIANT AND I JUST LOVE HER SO MUCH FOR BEING HERSELF AND I JUST ABSOLUTELY LOVE MCGONAGALL!
- I think the writers decided to show the play in different time periods and settings to show different parts of each of their personalities, which I think would look brilliant in play form or on screen.
- Ginny and Harry having problems in their marriage sounds way more believable than Ron and Hermione having problems, to be honest.
- All of this drama is cause by a few stupid crushes. I cant even…
- How is it possible for them to exist or travel back to a time where they had no reason to be born? Maybe that is why they can only stay there for 5 minutes!
- I swear to god, Ludo Bagman is the most annoying character in this play. I want to just take his Sonorus- ised wand away from him.
- Cedric sounds a lot like a gladiator in this book, for some reason. He literally shouts, ‘THAT I SHALL’ and runs off into the maze. I am so confused!
- ‘And I’m gonna be your friend whether you like it or not’ – Hagrid
- CUE THE TEARS/ NIAGARA FALLS
- Please can someone say that to me thank you
- So during this whole book, do Ginny and Harry forget they have other children or…?
- I do not agree with Delphine’s ending AT ALL! Girl should be dead. I don’t care about little children being scarred for life by her death.
- OH MY GOD THAT WAS AN EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER.
- LETS RIDE AGAIN
- *read the entire book again*
Okay, so those were my thoughts while reading this book! I will definitely have a proper review up as well, but I thought this would be a fun idea to try out!
What were your thoughts while reading this book?
I gave this book a 5 out of 5 stars, just by the way!
Even if it was a little disappointing
All righty, guys! That is it for my post today and thank you so much for reading this! Tell me below your thoughts and I will have another post up soon so I will see you then! Goodbye!
Add me on GoodReads: http://www.goodreads.com/LaBookDreamer
Add me on Twitter: twitter.com/LaBookDreamer
For any Business related inquiries please email at: email@example.com