Hey guys! Today I have been nominated for the Sisterhood of The World Blog Award by the amazing and wonderful Ashleigh @ A Frolic through Fiction… so, Thank You Ashleigh and you should definitely go check out her blog because she is amazing! This is the fourth award that I have been nominated for and I am super excited!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their blog
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer the 10 questions sent to you
- Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate 10 blogs
And Ashleigh’s questions are…
1. Is there a fictional character you wouldn’t want to meet? Who?
I would not want to meet Haymitch Abernathy from The Hunger Games series because I just can’t go near people who are drunk all the time. I have nothing against you drinking but please do not come near me! I have never ever even touched alcohol and my life and I never will! I do like Haymitch’s personality but I just don’t feel like going anywhere near him…
2. Do you own any bookish merchandise? (Badges, jewelry, posters etc)
I do own a Timeturner Keychain, a Gryffindor Quidditch team water bottle and a wand which doubles as a pen and a bookmark! These were bought from the WB Harry Potter Studios in London and I absolutely love them! I also have 3 Harry Potter T Shirts… One has the Hogwarts Crest on it, the next one has Platform 9 3/4 written on it and the last one has the four houses of Hogwarts on it! I also have a lightning bolt necklace to go with the T Shirts! I did once have a poster of some book to movie adaptation (I can not remember which!) but I don’t own it anymore and my friend made this wonderful big poster for me… including things from all my favorite books and series!
3. Is there a book/ series you think is overrated?
I think that The Princess Diaries series is way too overrated! Don’t get me wrong, I really like that series but sometimes I just feel that there is just too much hype surrounding it and it did not live up to all of it.
4. If you could travel back in time to any time period, which would you go to?
I would travel back to the Victorian Era, but I won’t stay in India (my country!) because at that time the British were ruling over India (god, it was so brutal! Indians were literally burned at the stake for stepping out of their houses or having a general meeting!)… So, I would not want to live in India but I would want to go to London, then I would want to find William Herondale, make him my husband and have a happy ever after with him!
5. Are there any fictional character names you really love?
I really like all the names that Sarah J Maas comes up with and even though they are super difficult to pronounce, I love them! I also love the name Ivy for some reason…
6. Are you setting yourself a Goodreads reading challenge for next year? If so, how many books do you hope to read?
Yes, I am setting a Goodreads Reading Challenge for next year and I am going to be aiming for 100, though I may lower it down a bit because I am pretty sure school is going to get in the way!
7. Favorite bookshop?
I absolutely love the big Waterstones in Edinburgh! I have been to that shop only once but it was love at first sight! I spent the rest of my day there just looking at the amount of books and sometimes just sitting in a corner and crying at the beauty of it. I just bought one book from there because I wasn’t allowed to buy more than one from each city that we visited but that bookstore is glorious!
8. If you could have any character’s clothing style, which character would you choose?
I choose the clothing style of any girl from any contemporary novel because normal clothing is what I am most comfortable in but if I had to choose one, I would choose The Selection by Kiera Cass because those gowns on those covers are just stunning!
9. When you review books, do you write notes while you read it or just think back when writing the review?
I do write notes while reading the book because I love to write detailed reviews! I like the fact that I am able to look back and remember the feeling that I had at an exact point of time and for other readers too, I love to know how they felt about the tiny details!
10. How did you get into reading?
When I was small, my mother used to tell me about princesses and faraway lands and fiction! She could not read me books because she does not know how to read English… but she used to talk about castles all the time when I was very young! I was not interested. The, when I was 10 years old… my sister bought the first book in the Harry Potter series and I was a little intrigued as she did not like reading at all! I read it and it was the best choice I ever made! I was blown away and HP taught me to pick up other books and enjoy them too!
- One Little Bookshelf
- The Bookly Hallowss
- The Quirky Book Nerd
- Adventures of A Bibliophile
- Fire Heart Books
- Book Owly
- The Sassy Book Geek
- My Bookish Dream
*I am very sorry if I have nominated you and you have already done this. Please feel free to leave a link down below in the comments so I can go and check it out*
- Which TV Shows do you watch?
- What was the first book you ever read and was it the book that sparked your interest in reading?
- Which do you prefer: Reading or Writing?
- Which is your favorite season, reading wise?
- What bookish challenges are you going to attempt next year?
- How do you arrange your bookshelf (color, genre, author etc)?
- What was the last book you read? Did you like it?
- Have you ever been on vacation outside the borders of your continent?
- Are you interested in any musical instruments or sports?
- What is your usual reading time?
I am so sorry that I don’t have pictures for all of these amazing questions because my laptop is doing this weird thing (again!) where it refuses to download anything, so I will update this post with pictures later! I enjoyed doing that a lot! All righty,guys! That is it for my post today… I hoped you enjoyed it, I hope you have a great day! Comment down below a little about your favorite bookstore and I will have another post up soon so I will see you then! Goodbye!
Add me on GoodReads: http://www.goodreads.com/LaBookDreamer
Add me on Twitter: twitter.com/LaBookDreamer
For any Business related inquiries please email at: firstname.lastname@example.org