Hey guys! Today I am going to be doing ‘The Reader Problems’ Book Tag! I saw this tag over at Katytastic‘s channel and I absolutely loved it! I mean, I don’t like the situations but I do like the tag! This tag was created by Tiffany @ About to Read and nobody really tagged me for this but that has not stopped me in the past!
Lets get on with the questions!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I usually just read what I feel like reading or I read whatever has been recommended to me a lot! Sometimes, I take a vote or when I am feeling just too lazy, I will pick a random book from the whole pile! Also, how bad am I at controlling my TBR pile! How did it get up to 20,000!
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
If I don’t like the book but I am already halfway, there is a 80% chance that I will finish it till the end, but if I have just begun then I will probably stop. If it is the book that is bad… Sometimes when I tend to not like books it is usually because I am in a bad mood myself that day.. So I will give it another chance later.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I will read everyday for the rest of the days! I will read short books, or novellas or graphic novels but I WILL finish that reading challenge! Also, I am already done with mine so at least that is a situation that I can avoid in real life.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I will probably wait until the publishers put an end the misery of the fellow readers and buy it on my e reader but who am I kidding, If I really want that book, I will buy it.
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I will probably just go online on the internet, probably GoodReads and find someone who hates the book as well and then high five the person in my imagination and make that person my new book bff!
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
This happens to me all the time! I don’t know why I even read in public anymore! If I do cry and people look at me like I have gone mad… I will probably just tell them to mind their own business and go about that way and in cases where I am too vulnerable I will also make them apologise for sticking their big fat nose where it does not belong. Now that I am writing this, I realize that that does sound kind of aggressive.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!
I will most probably first cry in frustration and then find a person who has read the book, track him or her down and ask for a full recap of the story so I am fully prepared for the sequel.. or at least prepared.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Friend: Hey! I see you have got quite a large book collection!
You: I know! I am very proud of it!
Friend: So.. I was wondering whether I could just borrow one of these *slowly takes one out of shelf looking at friend cautiously*
You: Oh Don’t You Dare *jumps on friend* I am totally kidding! I am very happy to end my book out to other people unless and until I know they will not damage it! I love to let my friends know about my favorite books and then later after they read it, we can fangirl together! It is a win-win situation!
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I will allow my self to be on break for a while. Too much reading at a stretch can get to someone! Once I go through a few seasons of Modern Family or just about any Disney Channel TV Show (preferably Wizards of Waverly place) I will be totally ready to read anything! Check out this video on how to Get over a Reading Slump.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Is this a question?! I will buy ALL OF THEM! Well, my parents are not that supportive of me buying actual books and reading so much, so I will probably buy all of them on my e reader but I will buy all of them!
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
It actually depends on the book, if I am dying to read it, it probably won’t even make it to the shelf before I devour it but if it is a book that I was mehly excited for… It might be a while!
So that is it for the tag! Wait… I tag:
- Erika @ Erika at Bookventure Land
- The Orang- Utan Librarian
- Mariana @ Fire Heart Books
- Ashleigh @ A Frolic through Fiction
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight
- The Mind of A Book Nerd
- Ariana @ The Quirky Book Nerd
If you are reading this and I have not tagged you, You have been tagged! I would love to see all of your answers and also, I am sorry if I have tagged you if you have already done this tag!
All righty,guys! That is it for my post today… I hoped you enjoyed it, I hope you have a great day! I will have another post up soon so I will see you then! Goodbye!
Add me on GoodReads: http://www.goodreads.com/LaBookDreamer
Add me on Twitter: twitter.com/LaBookDreamer
For any Business related inquiries please email at: firstname.lastname@example.org